April 23, 2020, Petaling Jaya – Hyundai-Sime Darby Motors, the official distributor of Hyundai vehicles in Malaysia, has obtained the Ministry of International Trade and Industry’s approval to resume service centre operations in stages starting from April 20, 2020.
To date, all Sime Darby Auto Hyundai service centres have resumed operations. During the Movement Control Order (MCO) period, only a minimal number of service personnel and customers are allowed at the service centres, therefore, the service centres are only accepting customers with service appointments and no walk-in will be allowed.
In adherence to health and safety guidelines, all service centres will implement social distancing measures, disinfect regularly, run temperature checks for staff and customers upon entry, and provide hand sanitisers at all customer touch points.
To book a service appointment, customers will need to contact a Sime Darby Auto Hyundai service outlet of their choice or a service advisor directly. The service centres are located at Ara Damansara in Petaling Jaya, Old Klang Road in Kuala Lumpur, Ipoh in Perak, Georgetown and Prai in Penang, as well as Skudai in Johor.
However, operational hours will be limited to 9am to 4pm on weekdays and 9am to 12 noon on Saturday for most service centres except for the outlets in Penang, which will operate from 8am to 5pm and 9am to 2pm, respectively.
The contact numbers for Sime-Darby Auto Hyundai Service Centres as follows :-
- Ara Damansara, Petaling Jaya (03-7628 2500)
- Old Klang Road, Kuala Lumpur (03-7984 5388)
- Skudai, Johor (07-2340 714)
- Ipoh, Perak (05-2533 399)
- Prai, Penang (04-3997 788)
- Georgetown, Penang (04-2811 210)
Hyundai-Sime Darby Motor also launched the Hyundai CARE Warranty Extension Programme, allowing for the extension of original warranties that expired in March and April, this year. This initiative is in tandem with Hyundai Motor Company’s launch of its warranty extension policy for Hyundai vehicles worldwide.
The programme aimed to offers peace of mind for Hyundai customers with regards to their warranty eligibility for repairs and other related services, delayed due to the temporary shutdown of all service centres in adherence of the MCO imposed by the government.
“We understand out customers’ predicament of not having access to our service centres during this period, and they are probably worried about their warranty. With Hyundai CARE, we wish to set their minds at ease with regards to their warranty eligibility. Not only do we care about our customers’ health and safety, we care about the health and safety of their vehicles as well,” said its managing director Low Yuan Lung in a statement.
Hyundai CARE ensures that all Hyundai vehicles with original warranties that expire between March 18 to April 18, 2020, will benefit from warranty extensions until May 31, 2020. Nevertheless, should the MCO period is further extend, a 30 days warranties extension will be given from the last day of MCO.
The Hyundai CARE covers the following (subject to warranty terms and conditions):-
- Vehicles which have not fulfilled the service maintenance based on the Periodic Maintenance Service Schedule due to the MCO
- Warranty for vehicles expiring during the MCO period (18 March until 28 April 2020) will be extended until 31 May 2020.
- Warranty for vehicles expiring during the MCO period (28 April 2020 onwards) will be extended for 30 days from the last day of MCO
- Vehicles with service overdue due to MCO – the vehicle will need to be sent in for service within 30 days from the last day of MCO to ensure the validity of the warranty
- All approved warranty that are pending part replacement during MCO
For more information, customers can log on to www.hyundai.com.my or contract the Customer Care Line at 1300-13-2000.